Advice to Retailers Hiring Additional Staff to Manage Queues and Social Distancing

This guide is about queues outside retail premises
Many shops are asking customers to queue outside their premises to support social distancing. If you employ people to manage a queue like this, they may need to hold an SIA licence. If they do, and they don’t have one, they will be breaking the law.

Any person contracted from a third party supplier who performs a licensable activity must have an SIA licence

If the role includes any licensable activities such as preventing disorder or theft, they may be required by law to hold an SIA licence.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our staff 02033 882078 or

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *